*Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish*
Favorite literary heroines, GO!
1. Catherine (Catherine, Called Birdy)- Catherine was my idol as a child and still ranks high on my list.
2. Scarlett O’Hara (if you don’t know which book this is from, get away from my blog, NOW)- Yes, she’s not always the nicest person but she does not give up.
3. Princess Elizabeth/The Paper Bag Princess (The Paper Bag Princess)- Sometimes, you have to take care of the dragons yourself (and the prince can also be a real bum).
4. Alice Roosevelt Longworth (What To Do About Alice?)- Ok, so she’s a historical figure, but she’s still my heroine!
5. Mibs Beaumont (Savvy)- Again, another character who never gives up.
6. Imogene (Imogene’s Last Stand)- A reminder to kids that they too can be heroes and stand up for what they believe in! Plus my grandmother’s name was Imogene.
7. Mama Junebug Jones (The Skippyjon Jones Series)- As a mother of a toddler, I have huge respect for this mother of a Siamese kitten-Chihuahua wannabe.
8. Georgie (One Came Home)- Determined to find her sister, who everyone believes is dead, Georgie risks her own life to bring her sister home.
9. Dinah (The Red Tent)- IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK, STOP EVERYTHING AND READ THIS WONDERFUL MASTERPIECE OF LITERATURE. kthxbai.
10. Arya Stark (A Song of Fire and Ice Series)- Stick them with the pointy end!